Bx intends to enable food producers globally to be part of the climate crisis solution.
Retailers currently price producers based on their scores on:
Bx wants to also score producers on their enviromental impact.
Bx’s platform puts in place the infrastructure for retailers to track farmer’s environmental impact based on their “Bx score”. The more sustainable farming practises in place, the more pricing power the producer has. The Bx score has more than 20 metrics including carbon sequestration, water retention and soil health.
In effect, it allows farmers to be paid to implement environmentally friendly practises which has been the global challenge.
There will also be an ESG score on every food label, in the not too distant future, and Bx intends to have the data that sits behind it.
With aspirations of solving for 1% of the world’s total CO2 emissions, Bx’s mission is socially and environmentally important, and could represent great opportunity for investors.
Your questions, their answers, all under our roof.
If you are an existing Fat Gladiator member, please log in here.
If you do not meet either the HNW or sophisticated investor criteria, please register here?
A high net worth individual is a person to which at least one of the following applies:
- I had, throughout the financial year immediately preceding the date below, an annual income to the value of £100,000 or more. (Annual income for these purposes does not include money withdrawn from my pension savings (except where the withdrawals are used directly for income in retirement)).
I held, throughout the financial year immediately preceding the date below, net
assets to the value of £250,000 or more. Net assets for these purposes do not
- the property which is my primary residence or any money raised through a loan secured on that property; or
- any rights of mine under a qualifying contract of insurance within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (regulated Activities) Order 2001; or
- any benefits (in the form of pensions or otherwise) which are payable on the termination of my service or on my death or retirement and to which I am (or my dependants are), or may be, entitled;
A sophisticated investor is a person where at least one of the following applies:
- I am a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and have been so for at least the last six months prior to the date below;
- I have made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the two years prior to the date below;
- I am working, or have worked in the two years prior to the date below, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises;
- I am currently, or have been in the two years prior to the date below, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million.