Football clubs have struggled commercially since the pandemic and the share prices of publicly quoted clubs have been relegated to join the worst performers of the stock markets – MANU is 40% down from its 2020 highs.
However major clubs have more fans than some mega-cap companies have users, which means that should they manage to monetise their fans, the value of football clubs could well be up for promotion!
We look forward to discussing how Cliff is planning to leverage Man United’s massive global fan base to help bring the club back to commercial success.
Your questions, their answers, all under our roof.
If you are an existing Fat Gladiator member, please log in here.
If you do not meet either the HNW or sophisticated investor criteria, please register here?
A high net worth individual is a person to which at least one of the following applies:
- I had, throughout the financial year immediately preceding the date below, an annual income to the value of £100,000 or more. (Annual income for these purposes does not include money withdrawn from my pension savings (except where the withdrawals are used directly for income in retirement)).
I held, throughout the financial year immediately preceding the date below, net
assets to the value of £250,000 or more. Net assets for these purposes do not
- the property which is my primary residence or any money raised through a loan secured on that property; or
- any rights of mine under a qualifying contract of insurance within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (regulated Activities) Order 2001; or
- any benefits (in the form of pensions or otherwise) which are payable on the termination of my service or on my death or retirement and to which I am (or my dependants are), or may be, entitled;
A sophisticated investor is a person where at least one of the following applies:
- I am a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and have been so for at least the last six months prior to the date below;
- I have made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the two years prior to the date below;
- I am working, or have worked in the two years prior to the date below, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises;
- I am currently, or have been in the two years prior to the date below, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million.